Tuesday, April 21, 2009

American Idol - Season 8: Top 7...Redux!

Tonight's American Idol is...Disco Night (blergh)!

Lil Rounds "I'm Every Woman" by Chaka Khan
Unoriginal, trite and obvious. AWWWWFUL. Go home.


Kris Allen "She Works Hard for the Money" by Donna Summer
Wow. Killer arrangement and a tremendous vocal outing. Wonderful.


Danny Gokey "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire
Anwar called. He wants his song back. Biiiiiiitch pleeeeeeeeze!


Allison Iraheta "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer
Wrong song for her, but she was pretty good. I would fault her on her wardrobe choices, but she's 16. That's how they dress.


Adam Lambert "If I Can't Have You" by The Bee Gees
Wow, another stunner. It would have been my #1 had it not been for his patent screech.


Matt Giraud "Staying Alive" by The Bee Gees
I gotta agree with Simon. That was desperate and not good. What a waste of a save.


Anoop Desai "Dim the Lights" by Donna Summer
Not familiar with the song, but what he did with it, well, I didn't like it. Not as bad as Matt or Lil though.


Rankings:
1. Kris
2. Adam
3. Allison
4. Danny
5. Anoop
6. Matt
7. Lil


Bottom Three Predictions:
Danny, Lil and Matt. I'm not sure how they're going to do this, but I hope they do "The Huff." Have Gokey in the middle and then pick the top 3 and the bottom 3. I would love for it to be Matt, Lil and Anoop on one side and Allison, Adam and Kris on the other and then Ryan tell Gokey to switch with Anoop because they're the bottom three. But then he'll send him back to the couches.

Goodbye to...
Lil Rounds and Matt Giraud. I can guarantee Matt is leaving (what a waste of a save) but I'm not sure who will leave with him. I'm going to guess Lil, but really, I think Adam is the only safe one tonight.

No comments: